Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pet of the Week, Pita!

Hey there! My name is Pita. I'm about 2 years old and I've been with ARF since I was a wee kitten. That's quite a while! Although I love my foster home, I would really, really LOVE to have my own forever home. That's why they talked me into telling you a little bit about my self. I hope it works!

What can I tell you? Hmm. Well, I like food, attention, laser pointers, food, all other toys, food & attention, other cats, most dogs, attention & food, cat nip, exploring and getting into mischief.

Oh, wait! Did I tell you I like food and attention? Those are my favorites!

What I don't like is not getting attention, no food and being alone and/or ignored by the other cats in the house.

I hope that doesn't make me sound high maintenance. 'Cause, I'm really not. I just like to cuddle and eat!

My foster mom would like you to know my nickname as well. She calls me Gigantor. I don't know why, I'm just a big healthy boy. The vet says I'm not overweight or anything, I just have a healthy appetite, but I probably shouldn't get any bigger. I don't think I'm that big though, most of the time I can still fit into the same places I used to when I was a kitten, it just takes a little longer to get in and out. I'm quite gentle too, except when I play. I kind of bite a little bit. I never bite to be mean or anything, only when I'm playing or being extremely affectionate, but sometimes my foster mom says it hurts. I also like to reach my face up to yours and nibble on your nose. My foster mom says that one feels funny! But I love to do it. It's how I show people I like them. Because I can get a little carried away, I probably shouldn't go to a home with very young children, but older kids who can learn to understand my behaviour would be just fine. I think kids are pretty interesting!

Actually, I think lots of things are pretty interesting. Other cats don't bother me one bit and I will frequently try to play with most cats I meet. I also like dogs, that's neat isn't it?! I try to play with them, but I don't really understand how they play. I went to PetSmart one Saturday and I was flattened by a puppy when I tried to play with it! So, now I'm a bit more cautious, but I'm still interested in them!

I also love people, strangers don't even bother me. If someone is sitting on the couch, you can bet I'll be up there looking for some cuddles and attention. I also like to sleep in the bed with my foster mom at night, snuggled up close. She tells me that maybe I'm a little confused... that I'm actually a cat and not a dog! But don't you worry, I'm all feline! Just an exceptionally outgoing and fun one!

What else can I tell you about me? Well, apparently, I'm quite vocal. I like to let people know when I think it's dinner time and I am also very good at letting you know when I'm unhappy about something too. I also like to greet my people at the door when they come home. I don't understand how other cats don't do this, this is how you get extra attention!

My foster mom would also like me to tell you that I should go to a home with other animals. It would also be cool if someone was home a lot. I don't do well on my own or if I'm left by myself for extremely long periods of time. I'm a very social kitty, so I need to be around people or other cats, or yes, even dogs.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I hope you're interested in meeting me! If you are, you should fill out an adoption application so we can get some cuddles in! I think I would be a great addition to your family!

I hope you all have a great holiday season!

Pita

No comments:

Post a Comment