Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pet of the Week, Izzy!

So, Izzy is our pet of the week. She's another new rescue, but she's kind of had a rough couple of weeks and she'd like to share her story with you.


Hi! My name is Izzy. I’ve had a really hard life, but I still have so much love to give. If you have a minute, I would like to tell you my story.

About a year ago, I was born to a family that loved me so much because I was cute and cuddly. They gave my sister to ARF because she wasn’t as nice looking as I was, but my family let ARF spay me as soon as I was old enough. As I grew bigger my family spent less and less time with me. I had to live outside with my mom and friends and we had to snuggle to stay warm. The winter was so cold and we had no food.

A few weeks ago, my family decided that they no longer wanted my mom or I anymore. They said we were killing calves. They didn’t have any proof and I tried to tell them it was coyotes or cougars, but they wouldn’t believe me. So, they took us to the shelter. First, my family told them we were strays but then changed their story and told the shelter workers that they didn’t want us anymore because we were killing calves. The young girl who loved me so much when I was little started to cry, so my they decided to keep my mom and they took her home with them. I’ve been wondering what I did wrong, I was always happy to see them; wagging my tail non-stop, jumping and getting excited every time I saw them. I just can’t understand why they turned and left me behind.

When my family left me, I was brought to the back of the shelter and put in a run. I stayed in my run for a week, waiting and waiting for someone to come. What I didn’t know was that the shelter workers called a lady named Julie from ARF. ARF had no room, but the workers told Julie I would pass all the tests I needed to pass to become adoptable. They said I was such a nice girl.

Another week went by and I was still sitting and waiting. The shelter called ARF again and told them my time was running out. ARF was still full, but Julie asked how I did on all the tests I was supposed to have. The shelter workers told Julie that I didn’t have any tests because of my history. Even though she told them a week ago I wasn’t killing calves, she told them again, figuring they would believe ARF over my former family. Well, they didn’t believe her and not even five minutes after Julie got off the phone with the shelter; she got another call from them, telling her I was going to be euthanized. I don’t know what that is, but I have a feeling it wasn’t good because Julie told them she would be at the shelter within the hour to get me. The shelter workers were so happy that I was being picked up by ARF because they also knew something bad was going to happen to me.

When Julie came to my run to get me, I was so happy to see her. I didn’t even know her, but I knew everything was going to be OK from then on! She brought me to a really neat place called a foster home and they have kids and a lot of other dogs. I really like it here. Julie and my foster mom brought me on my first leash walk too. I saw other dogs, kids and grown-ups and even though I was a little bit nervous, I handled it great! I know now, that someone will adopt me and love me the way I was loved when I was a puppy. Is that someone you?

If you think Izzy would be the perfect addition to your family, please fill out an application for her! She's new, but she seems like a wonderful dog and a great family companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment