Monday, June 17, 2013

Pet of the Week, Mary!



Hi my name is Mary and I am seeking my forever home. My foster parents say I am full of love and enjoy meeting new people. I have recently learned how to play. This was pretty difficult for me because I was fairly insecure. My foster mom and I have been working to improve this by practicing with toys, meeting new people, and new furry friends.  My foster parents say that I am making daily improvement by showing them I want to play. I do this by bringing my toys over to them. They say this was one of the biggest milestones I have made.

One of my favorite games is to play tug-a-war. The other week I played tug-a-war with one of our new 9-week-old puppies. It was lots of fun and super cute! I have also been going to the doggy park where I have been meeting other dogs more my age. We seem to get along fairly well. The other nice thing about the doggy parks is I get to work on my figure by getting lots of exercise.

Mary and her foster sibling playing with toys.

I can be a bit of a romantic and I enjoy going for long walks along the river – playing in between the rocks and grass. I have been practicing fetching sticks near the river and bringing them back to my foster mom. I still have a bit of trouble with playing fetch but I am getting better at it. Soon I may even be able to play fetch with balls! I haven’t been allowed to go swimming yet because the river is too deep, but once the river becomes a little shallower, I may get a chance to go swimming. 

I tend to listen very well when my foster mom calls me. I am not quite comfortable with the "sit" command, but my foster mom is working with me on this and I'm sure I'll get it.  I really like having someone around most of the time. I have a hard time being home alone for long periods of time, so it would be great to find a home with people who are home a fair bit of the time. 

One of my most favorite times of the day is dinnertime! I love eating kibble. I love it so much that I can be known to have a little difficulty in sharing my kibble. But when treats and bones are served, I can be a good sharer with the other dogs. Although when all my bones get taken I can get a little sad.

I have an optimistic personality and can’t wait to see what the future holds. I would really like a chance to meet my forever home and get settled in.

Love, Mary

If you are interested in becoming Mary's forever home, fill out our adoption application today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment